Discover some of the most idyllic white sand beaches in the world surrounded by turquoise lagoons, home to incredible marine life. With over 100 hotels to choose from we can advise the right island for honeymooners or families, couples or single travellers, sun worshippers or water babies, foodies or spa junkies.
The Maldives is made up of over 1200 islands scattered between a handful of atolls in the Indian Ocean. Each hotel occupies its own island with talcum powder beaches and azure waters so the difficult decision lies in selecting the right island for you, which is where Wix Squared comes in.
Access your castaway island by seaplane, speedboat or scheduled aircraft, then choose between a stilted over-water villa or a sandy beach villa. Every island has pros and cons, some have phenomenal house reefs, others pride themselves in exceptional service and culinary excellence, whilst several provide the perfect family retreat with plenty of activities.
We will help our clients select the best located villa on each island, reserve spa treatments and advise on the most memorable activities to pre-book, whilst securing competitive rates at each hotel.
Wix Squared knows some exceptional specialists to help you enjoy the Maldives:
- Marine biologists
- Dive instructors
- Spa therapists
- Professional seaplane pilots
- Private chefs
- Experienced skippers and crew on a private boat
- Personal butlers
- Famous DJ’s to party the night away
- Skilled astrologers to identify the constellations in the southern hemisphere
Itinerary Starting Price
From £3,000 per person, for 10 days including accommodation and shared airport transfers (not including international flights).
99% of the Maldives is covered in water and it is the smallest country in Asia. It is also the lowest country in the world with an average ground level of 1.5 meters.
Eid marks the end of Ramadan and is based on the lunar calendar. At this time Muslims will celebrate with a huge feast over a 3 day period.
What to Eat
Try catching a yellowfin tuna, wahoo or mahi-mahi then having it sliced into fresh sashimi or cooked on the barbeque in front of you the same day.
What to Read
‘Beach Babylon’ by Imogen Edwards-Jones. Go behind the scenes in some of the most luxurious hotels in the world with a comical take on how to deal with demanding guests.
What to buy
With some of the best diving in the world in warm turquoise waters why not invest in a PADI course and take your certificate home with you.
Some of the islands we work with have a very relaxed and natural feel, yet still offer a high level of luxury with incredible food and service. Soneva Fushi, Soneva Jani, Gili Lankanfushi and Six Senses Laamu have a ‘no news, no shoes’ policy and we can offer fantastic deals at COMO Cocoa Island and the sophisticated Joali both with a luxury Robinson Crusoe vibe.
For a more modernised, contemporary style, Huvafen Fushi with its underwater spa or Amilla Fushi could work well. Alternatively to really push the boat out, consider One&Only Reethi Rah, Cheval Blanc or Velaa. Whilst the Anantara Kihavah, Niyama, Vakkaru, Nautilus, Baglioni and the two Four Seasons hotels (Landaa Giraavaru and Kuda Huraa) are very family orientated.
The prices of activities, food and drink are not cheap in the Maldives hence you might be tempted to consider an all-inclusive island such as the ultra-modern Park Hyatt Hadahaa, the slightly rustic Constance Moofushi, the trendy LUX or family orientated Kanuhura. Ayada offers wonderful value whilst Milaidhoo is a firm favourite with a great all-inclusive package.
Coco Privé and the Four Seasons Voavah private island offer exclusivity whereby you have the entire run of the islands to yourselves. Cheval Blanc has the ‘owner’s island villa’ which can accommodate 8 guests and the Private Reserve at Gili Lankanfushi is a floating paradise. More recently opened is the Waldorf Astoria Ithaafushi Private Island Estate which is perfect for larger families.
The first cinema paradiso was built on Soneva Fushi’s helipad and a number of other islands now also offer this experience, projecting classic movies under the night sky accompanied by popcorn and your favourite tipple.
The turquoise lagoons and coral reefs lend themselves perfectly to kayaking, snorkelling, diving, surfing, paddle boarding and sailing. And we know which islands have the most vibrant house reefs, the best surf or the calmest lagoons.
With limited light pollution in the Maldives, it is easy to appreciate the star lit sky. We move your bed to the rooftop of your villa, organise an evening with an astrologer to view the constellations in an observatory, or open up the retractable roof on your villa at Soneva Jani.
Therapists from all over the world showcase their skills in the Maldives. Choose from an underwater treatment room at Huvafen Fushi, a complimentary massage at Amilla Fushi or Cocoa Island’s incredible hydrotherapy treatments.
Wix Squared can organise romantic beach dinners surrounded by candlelight, cheese and wine tasting in a private cellar, barbeque lunches on a remote sandbank, breakfast in bed at sunrise or a special blindfolded meal to heighten your senses.
Some islands target honeymooners and romantic getaways, whilst others are more child friendly with educational kid’s clubs and activity schedules for all ages. We know which islands suit each age bracket and which butlers and staff are best assigned to families.
After a week relaxing, dip into some culture in Colombo which is just a short hop from the Maldives, where we can arrange Segway rides, walking tours, tuk tuk rides and culinary experiences.
There are a number of direct flights between Male and southern India. Enjoy the relaxed way of life in Kerala along the sleepy backwaters or engage your cultural antennae in Tamil Nadu.
Fly with Emirates or Etihad for a short break in Dubai or Abu Dhabi en route to the Maldives. Enjoy the water parks, shopping malls and 360˚ views from high rise buildings, helicopter rides or seaplanes over the UAE.
The Maldives is the perfect destination to cast yourselves away with your closest family and friends to experience life on a private island for the entire time or as a day trip from your carefully chosen hotel. Celebrate on a deserted island or sandbank where we can ensure the following are on standby; private seaplanes, lavish speedboats, numerous watersports, expert chefs, trained masseuses, dive/snorkelling instructors, musicians, dancers, acrobats and even an edible palm tree cake for the guest of honour.
There are a number of boats that we work with in the Indian Ocean and we can either look to accommodate you all on one vessel or a number of separate boats with the best crew on board to cater to your every need, as you island hop from one picturesque island to another.
Find out more about Events by Wix Squared
The Maldives is a year round destination with the temperature consistently hitting around 30°C/86°F.
Best visited December-April, but the months in-between offer some wonderful deals and it tends to only rain for a few hours a day in the mornings and evenings whilst remaining warm at all times.
- Peak season has begun and the rates tend to lower after 10th January when you can still enjoy incredible marine life and plenty of sunshine on idyllic beaches.
- For February half term you won’t find a better beach destination for families with plenty of activities such as sailing, cycling, waterskiing, snorkelling, open-air cinemas or even sand building competitions.
- This is another popular time of year to travel to the Maldives with great weather conditions and good visibility for snorkelling/diving. For a little injection of culture take a direct flight to south India or Sri Lanka.
- The Easter holidays are a wonderful time to explore the Maldives, if you have longer than a week, consider combining two different islands and split your stay between a beach villa and an over-water villa.
- There is more chance of rain in May but it won’t last for long and we have some great deals with some of our favourite hotels in shoulder season, such as stay 7 nights and only pay for 5 nights or complimentary half board.
- The whale sharks have moved to the western side of the Indian Ocean and the best sightings tend to be in the Ari Atoll.
- Although the ocean can be a little rougher at this time of year, it means there is a fantastic surf and we know the best atolls for surfing over the summer months.
- Still in shoulder season, we continue to offer wonderful deals at idyllic hotels all with picture perfect white sand beaches and turquoise waters
- Blue skies and sunshine with the odd overcast day is what you should expect in September. Consider splitting your stay between an overwater villa and a beach villa and we will ensure your personal butler takes care of the packing and unpacking.
- Consider breaking your journey to the Maldives with a couple of nights in UAE for a city stop-over before relaxing on the Maldivian beaches.
- On arrival in Male your choice of transportation ranges from private dhonis to luxury yachts and seaplanes to scheduled domestic flights. The further you travel the more remote it will feel and in November we have some great deals to share with you.
- Substitute powder white snow for powder white sand in the Maldives this Christmas. With warm sunny days, this is a popular time of year for a beach holiday, so advance bookings are recommended.